We will be offering Construction Crews for the following weeks:
These crews of hard-working teens and adults will work side-by-side with Guatemalan construction workers and boys living at the orphanage of Hogar Miguel Magone.
This summer, our Construction Crew will be working on construction projects for the new girl’s dormitory, as well as the boys home. Specific projects will be announced later.
Construction projects may involve laying concrete flooring, concrete block, moving sand or dirt, painting, cleaning, or other manual labor as needed at the direction of the Guatemalan contractors building the Girl’s Home. Building experience is helpful, but not necessary. Mission projects and supplies may change as needed.
Crews will consist of approximately 5 members each, but all mission teams may rotate in to help with construction projects based on the needs of each project, and staff requirements.
VBS CREW MEMBERS
Max Crew # – 20
Ages – All ages
To provide quality shelter and improve living conditions for children who live and learn at this home and orphanage.
CREW MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
- Willing and able to do physical/manual labor
- Block and concrete work experience helpful, but not necessary
- Willing and able to live and work with strangers in close quarters 24/7
- Can work as a team
- Can take orders & serve where needed (servant-hearted)
- Spanish language helpful, but not necessary
- Comfortable/sturdy shoes
- Work clothes & work gloves
- Baseball cap or head covering
- Rain coat or poncho
- Nalgene style water bottle
- Personal photo albums to share with children & staff
- All tools will be provided